From my old blog (http://stclairee.wordpress.com)
I just finished reading Eleanor and Park so I still have the feeeels from it! Here are the excerpts from the book that really made me smile (and cry)
1) Holding Eleanor’s hand was like holding a butterfly, or a heartbeat. Like holding something complete and completely alive.
This is when Park hold Eleanor’s hand for the first time when they’re on the school bus.
2) Park had the sort of face you painted because you didn’t want history to forget it.
Eleanor maybe a little weird but she really has these cheesy lines for Park. I also remember her saying that she doesn’t like Park, because she lives for him.
3) If she showed him how much she needed him, he’d run away.
A little weakness won’t make her less a person! (Or rather a fictional character)
4) Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn’t supposed to look nice, it was supposed to make you feel something.
Park’s really sweet! End of story.
5) What are the chances you’d ever meet someone like that? Someone you could love forever, someone who would forever love you back?
Eleanor and Park is really a nice book for me. I love Eleanor’s character because she’s kinda strong and has issues in her family but she’s not bitching about it.
I really really love this book. 🙂 This book will make you remember your first love that no matter what happens, you will never forget them and still has a place in your heart.
Aaand I still believe that there’s still a tiny chance for them.